Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Prayer & Praise (Feb 8-14)

So sorry that I missed last week’s update! We are back on track now ... here is what’s going on, and how you can be involved through prayer and intercession:

- We are focusing our promotion & recruitment strategy for Christian Youth In Action (CYIA) on two concepts: (1) church partnerships, and (2) word-of-mouth. In the past couple of weeks, I have given five promotional talks in various settings at two different churches with which we are building partnerships. Today I mailed out the first round of CYIA applications (18 total). In each packet I enclosed a brochure about CYIA, encouraging the applicant to invite at least one friend to join them for the experience this summer.

Our targeted goal for Summer 2009 is to schedule 120 kids’ Bible clubs and train 20 summer missionaries to teach them. (We scheduled the first 40 clubs today!) In this, please pray for fruitful ministry, for God’s glory and kingdom.

- Continue to pray that I could make good connections with families, individuals, and churches as I seek to raise the $3,910/month I need for doing ministry with CEF in Denver.

- Praise God for a new staff member candidate who put in her application this week! (We currently have seven staff members for metro Denver, including myself.) On Monday, we got to meet her and hear the incredible story of God’s work in her life. It was such a blessing!

Thanks so much for your prayers! Grace and peace to you.

No comments: