- This fall I will be working to raise the financial support for my position with CEF. Pray that I will be able to build good relationships with new supporters and nuture my relationships with existing supporters.
- This fall I will also be drafting a 5-year plan for our Christian Youth In Action program here in Denver (CEF's summertime ministry). Pray that I would stick close to Jesus and pay attention to the guidance and direction of the Holy Spirit in this process.
- My grandpa passed away several weeks ago. This weekend my family and I are flying to Arizona for the memorial service. Pray for comfort and healing, especially for my grandma.
- Pray for victory over sin and, again, that I would stick close to Jesus day by day.
- Praise God for his goodness to us (you, me, everyone). He is good, isn't he? If you are like me, you don't think about this often enough.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
A couple weeks ago I gave a talk about Leviticus 8-10 for the Sunday night service at BVC (http://www.bvchurch.org/regeneration). These chapters comprise one of the few narrative portions of Leviticus.
The big idea is that God wants to dwell with his people, but in order for this to happen, his people must distinguish between the holy and the common, the unclean and the clean. We cannot behave as if God is not with us. We must behave differently as a result of his presence.
Here are my notes: http://www.xtreak.com/go/spinwizard/130141/priesthood_teaching_outline.pdf