Monday, July 27, 2009
- Today we kick off our 4th week of 5-Day Clubs here in metro Denver! We have three teams teaching at various locations in Arvada, Aurora, Denver, and Lakewood.
So far this summer we have taught 786 children in 48 clubs. We have seen 52 children place their faith in Jesus for the first time! Children in the clubs have also brought over $210 in missionary offering for the Petkofs (CEF missionaries in Greece). Please pray for continued fruitful ministry this week!
- This week, CEF continues an aggressive ministry campaign in Little Rock, AR, to help pioneer ministry to children in that area. Over 100 CEF missionaries from around the nation came to help with the effort! They are working in partnership with dozens of local churches in order to jump-start gospel ministry.
Continue to pray for Emanuel, our team leader we sent from Denver to take part in the campaign, as well as everyone else involved! Pray especially for the event to be successful in jump-starting on-going ministries to children.
- Our budget for CYIA this year is $7,650 (to cover general operating expenses). To date we have received $3,730 of these funds (49% of budget). We still need $3,920 (or 51%). Thankfully we are actually coming in under budget in a number of key areas, but please pray for financial support to continue to come in over the next few weeks.
- On Friday, August 7, we are having an end-of-summer celebration for CYIA. Praise God in advance for this opportunity for friends and family, prayer partners, financial supporters, 5-Day Club coordinators, staff, and committee members to all come together and be encouraged by what God has done! (I will be sending out an e-mail invite later on today ... we would love for you to join us!)
Thanks so much for praying!
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
- Last week we took nine of our summer missionaries on a service learning trip to CEF World HQ in Warrenton, Missouri (about 1 hr west of St. Louis). Praise God for the opportunity we had to take this trip! The teens did many hours of volunteer service around the campus during the week, learned about various ministries of CEF worldwide (including ministry opportunities for students), and just got to hang out and have a great time.
There was our group there, as well as a group from Iowa and a group from Texas. I think it was really an edifying and eye-opening experience for everyone involved! At the end of the week, Jon (the guy at HQ who was heading up the event) had everyone fill out a response form about the various ministry opportunities that had been presented throughout the course of the week. He is going to be sending me the responses from all of our Denver students. I am excited to see what God does with these fantastic young people in the years to come!
- I received many ideas for this next year of ministry during my time at HQ last week. Please pray for wisdom in developing and implementing these ideas in the months to come.
- July 20-Aug 1, CEF is undertaking a ministry campaign in Little Rock, AR, to help pioneer ministry to children in that area. Over 100 CEF missionaries from around the nation will be coming to help with the effort! We are working in partnership with dozens of local churches in order to jump-start ministry.
From Denver, we are sending Emanuel, one of our team leaders this summer. (He participated in a similar pioneer ministry campaign last summer in Chicago.) Frank & Connie Porter will also be helping with the training at the beginning.
Please pray for Emanuel and everyone else participating in Little Rock ’09! Pray for physical and spiritual strength for the workers, and pray for the event to be successful in jump-starting on-going ministries to children.
Thanks so much for your prayers and support! Blessings.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
- June 22-26 was our first week of 5-Day Clubs this summer! There were some last minute cancellations and other scheduling headaches, but once those were worked out everything went great. I think our 1st-year summer missionaries really enjoyed their first full week of teaching!
Please pray that our future weeks of clubs would continue to be effective in reaching children for Jesus and spiritually forming the hearts and minds of our summer missionaries.
- July 5-11 we are taking eight of our summer missionaries on a trip to CEF World HQ in Warrenton, Missouri (about 1 hr west of St. Louis) to do some volunteer service, learn about CEF’s ministry worldwide, and meet other summer missionaries from around the nation! It is almost 800 miles from Denver to Warrenton, so we will traveling all day on Sunday, July 5, and Saturday, July 11. Please pray for a safe trip!
Pray also that the glimpse into CEF’s ministry worldwide would impact the students. Maybe God is calling some of them into full-time ministry. May He is even calling some of them into further ministry with CEF. Who knows? Whatever the case may be, I hope and pray that this will be a fun and fruitful trip for all who go!
- Praise God for the opportunities I have already had this summer to connect with some of the students personally. No matter how much planning and fundraising and promotion and recruitment and teaching and training I do, the fact is that ministry always happens in relationships. Please pray for many more opportunities to connect with our summer missionaries in the weeks to come.
Thanks for praying!