- Praise God for a wonderful Christmas celebration with my family! After finishing my fall semester at Metro State, I was able to take two weeks of rest & relaxation before shifting things back into gear with CEF this week. It was a good time, and Christmas was definitely a big highlight.
- CEF of Colorado is focusing on staffing. For me, that means I am working to hire a team to drive our student ministries in Denver: a team of new staffers who will be passionate about reaching children for Christ, mobilizing students for the mission, and partnering with local churches to get it all done!
In January, we are taking our first step in the recruiting process: I will be traveling to Kansas City for “Missions Emphasis Week” at Calvary Bible College (my alma mater) to present the incredible ministry opportunities here in Denver. During this week, recruiters from many different mission agencies and organizations come to Calvary to interact with students and present opportunities for mission. It is a neat time!
Calvary asks all of the recruiters to prepare several potential seminar presentations. Here are some I am working on: (1) “Transformational Student Ministry,” (2) “The Marketplace of Worship,” and (3) “Teamwork in Missions.” Please pray for me this week as I begin doing research, crafting the big ideas, and just work on putting these talks together.
Thanks so much for praying!
Monday, December 21, 2009
- Things have been going well in our Good News Club at Mt. View Child Care! We spent the first two weeks of December telling the story of Christmas. In January, we will come back and tell the story of the Magi who came to see Jesus, led by the star.
Praise God for this opportunity that Hannah, Kayla, and I have to build relationships with the children and share the good news of Jesus with them! Pray also for Hannah and Kayla to have a good, refreshing Christmas break with their friends and family before heading back to work, school, ministry, etc. in January.
- Last Friday, Dec 18, I met with the rest of the Denver staff to discuss CEF’s student ministry plans for 2010. It was a very productive time! I am excited about next year and it feels great to have everyone on board. In the week leading up to the meeting, I spent time drafting 10 personal goals and 10 ministry goals for 2010.
Pray for God’s grace heading into the new year, and praise him for the birth of his son!
Monday, December 7, 2009
- Last week, we had the privilege of partnering with the student ministry from a church in Pagosa Springs (about 7 hrs SW of Denver) while they were here in Denver for a weekend mission trip. The twelve students that they brought got involved in senior’s ministry homeless ministry, and children’s ministry, all in one whirlwind weekend.
We hosted a welcome party for them on Friday night and partnered with them in their children’s ministry experience on Saturday afternoon. It was really exciting to see these students taking action on their faith, leaving their comfort zones, and learning the value of doing what they do in the service of something larger than themselves.
- Praise God for how things are coming together for next year! I finished our schedule for Summer 2010 (and all the preparations leading up to it) a full month earlier than last year. I think it may be the best schedule we have ever had. The logistics were not less challenging than prior years, but this one just came together really well.
Thanks so much for your prayers and for praising God along with me!