Wednesday, August 19, 2009
- This week I started school again at Metro State. It was little bit surreal taking the bus downtown again after three months off! I am taking three classes this semester (9 hrs). Please pray that I will work hard, get a lot out of my studies, and do a good job of balancing work and school.
- Last week I told you that we had received 49% of the funds for our original budget for Christian Youth In Action (CYIA). We use these funds to cover everything from promotion & recruitment in the spring to general operating expenses in the summer to development work in the fall.
I am pleased to say we have now passed the halfway point! To date we have received $3,890 (or 51% of budget). This would mean we still need $3,760 (or 49%). However, as I also mentioned last week, we actually came in under budget in a number of key areas this summer. So I crunched the numbers this morning, and with it looks like with just $1,100 we will be able to pay off our expenses from the summer and cover our development work this fall! Please join with me in praying for the provision of these funds.
- On Aug 6, I had a meeting with our team leaders from the summer (pictured above) to get their feedback on how they thought the summer went, ideas for next year, etc. It went very well! Praise God for all of the great feedback they were able to give! It has been a blessing to work with them, and I look forward to making things even better next year.
Thanks for praying!
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
- Well, the Christian Youth In Action (CYIA) summer program has come to a close. It has been a whirlwind summer for sure!
We had 14 summer missionaries (jr. high thru college-age). They taught 67 Bible clubs across metro Denver, with 1,054 children enrolled. 64 children professed faith in Jesus for the first time! It was very rewarding to see each of the students grow through putting their faith into action and reaching out to the mission field of Denver’s children.
- CEF’s pioneering ministry campaign in Little Rock, AR, also finished up well. 109 CEF workers from around the nation (including our own Emanuel from Denver) partnered with 30 local churches in Little Rock to jump-start outreach ministries to children. These faithful workers taught 1,874 children in just one week! 252 of these children professed faith in Jesus for the first time.
Please pray that the effort will prove successful in helping the churches of Little Rock establish on-going outreach ministries to children in that city.
- Our budget for CYIA this year is $7,650. This covers everything from promotion & recruitment in the spring to general operating expenses in the summer to development work in the fall.
To date we have received $3,730 of these funds (or 49% of budget). We still need $3,920 (or 51%). We have actually been coming in under budget in a number of key areas, but please pray for financial support to continue to come in during the next several weeks.
- Praise God for the nearly 60 people who were able to come to our end-of-summer ministry celebration last Friday! It was a great time of hearing testimonies from the students, seeing pictures from the summer, and enjoying a meal together.
Thanks for your support in prayer!!! Blessings.