Wednesday, June 29, 2011
- Christian Youth In Action (CYIA) training finished up this past Friday, and the students did great! We celebrated the end of two weeks of hard work with a movie night.
During the second week of training, the CYIA students taught six practice 5-Day Clubs. 87 children attended, and 11 of them placed their faith in Christ for the first time!!! The children also brought $112.08 for Florence Aderi, a CEF missionary in East/Central Africa.
- This week is our first full week of 5-Day Clubs for Greater Denver. We have five teams out this week, four of them with a 1st-time team leader. Praise God, they are doing a fantastic job! The teams are teaching clubs in Thornton, Broomfield, Castle Rock, Littleton, Denver, Aurora, and Lafayette. Would you pray for the safety of the teams as they travel?
- Our ministry partners for 5-Day Clubs this week include Crossroads Church, Salvation Army Red Shield, E&R Cannon Child Care, Bullfrogs & Butterflies Child Care, The Journey Community Church, and New Life Evangelical Free Church. Please pray that God would use each of these partnerships to further His glory and kingdom in the lives of the children and their communities.
Monday, June 20, 2011
- It has been a busy couple of months since I wrote you last! In April, we finished signing up 18 students (pictured above) to be on our Christian Youth In Action (CYIA) team this summer.
In May, I traveled to North Carolina for a week to attend the CEF International Conference, which takes place every three years. We celebrated the fact that CEF now has active ministry to children in 176 nations around the world. (See the flags of the nations pictured below).
- June 6-8 I took our student leaders (pictured below) on a retreat to do leadership training, spiritual formation, and team-building. It was a memorable experience and I think they learned a lot! We were blessed with the use of a home up in mountains, which was great for getting away from the distractions of everyday life.
- Most recently, we just returned from our first week of CYIA training, help at a camp in Allenspark, CO. This week we are holding a second week of training at Hope Crossing Church next to our office here in Denver. The students have been busy taking classes on all the various aspects of children’s ministry, studying the lessons and stories that they will be telling in 5-Day Clubs, and getting to know their teammates better and better!
This week they actually teach one 5-Day Club each day and then come back to the office to evaluate how it went and continue studying. This hands-on training will prepare them for next week when they launch into doing ministry all day, every day. Pray for these students as they courageously take the good news of Jesus to the children of our city!!!