Monday, February 16, 2009

Prayer & Praise (Feb 15-21)

- This Fri, Feb 20, Larea, Erica, Lauren, & I are teaching our monthly kids’ club at Salvation Army Red Shield.

Our theme for the club will be “Watch what you say!” We are going to talk about the power of words and how God wants us to use our words. This is a huge issue for children and youth today; I am thinking of creating some discussion groups around the various anecdotes in the lesson to help the children internalize the teaching. We’ll see. The memory verse for the day is going to be Psalm 19:14 (look it up ... it’s a good one!).

Praise God for the opportunity we have to teach the children!!!

- Continue to pray that I could make good connections with families, individuals, and churches as I seek to raise the $3,910/month I need for doing ministry with CEF in Denver.

- In his book, Celebration of Discipline, Richard Foster says: “The desperate need today is not for a greater number of intelligent people, or gifted people, but for deep people” (1). I think this is so true. Please pray for greater depth in my relationship with God this week. It is only from depth that we can then minister to others.

Thanks so much!

No comments: