Monday, January 17, 2011

Prayer & Praise (Jan 16-22)



- On Saturday night (Jan 15), we had our “Christmas in January” party for the CYIA summer missionaries. It was great time!!! We shared a meal, played games, and did a drawing for door prizes.

- We finished off 2010 with contributions for our Christian Youth In Action (CYIA) program totaling $29,827 (or 89% of budget). And although we did not quite make budget, this 89% in 2010 represents a great improvement from 2009. There is definitely momentum building for this ministry. I am looking forward to a great 2011!

As I put together the budget for this year, I am incorporating some new ways of cutting costs vs. the way we ran the program last year. Additionally, I am also excited about some new fundraising opportunities/strategies we will be pursuing this year. Will you join me in praying that this ministry to students and children will be fully-funded in 2011 and that, above all else, we would honor God in all we do and listen to His voice in all things?

- At Good News Club last week, I spoke with a six-year-old girl after the Bible lesson. She had professed faith in Christ at club several weeks ago and when I spoke with her today she told me that she wanted to tell her friends at school about Jesus.

“I think that’s a great idea!” I said. Then, looking at Ruth and me, she said: “I want to be like you guys when I grow up! I think it would be fun to go around and teach people about Jesus.”

I don’t know what God’s plans are for this little girl, but I can tell that the Holy Spirit is doing something wonderful in her heart. Please pray that Good News Club will continue to be a source of growth and encouragement for her!

No comments: