Friday, August 20, 2010

Prayer & Praise (Aug 15-21)



- The first week of August I got to go to a summer BBQ at Mt. View, the church and daycare center where I taught Good News Club last school year. I got to see several of the kids from club, including Mario, who accepted Christ at club back in December. We had given him a Bible to start reading, so when I hung out with him at the BBQ I asked how his Bible reading was going. (He had started in the beginning at Genesis.) Well, Mario said he has been reading a lot and is now in the Gospel of John!

Praise God for Mario’s salvation and growth in Christ. He has been through a lot with his family in the past few years and it is so awesome to see him holding firm to Christ!

- Last Saturday I got to do a children’s program at a church named Templo Evangelico Bautista along with two of our CYIA summer missionaries. We played soccer with the kids outside and then went inside for a Bible program. It was a lot of fun!

A four-year-old girl named Ashley responded to the invitation at the end of the Bible lesson, but she was too shy to talk so we gave a gospel tract to her older sister that they could read over together at home. Please pray that Ashley would trust Christ her Savior or, if she has already, that she would be willing to talk with us about it when we come next month.

- I start classes again at Metro State on Monday. Please pray for me to work hard, learn a lot, and have a great witness for Christ!

No comments: