Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Prayer & Praise (Oct 4-10)

- Our first of two Christian Youth In Action (CYIA) fundraising nights is coming up on Monday, Oct 12, up in Thornton. The CYIA families up north are busy inviting their friends and family to come eat dinner at Chick-fil-A that night. Please pray for it to be a great success!

- Pray that I would do a good job of balancing our short-term and long-term projects for CYIA. I am finding that it can be easy for me to get focused on one and lose sight of the other.

My main long-term project is staffing. Specifically, we want to hire five CYIA coordinators to build the ministry in different regions of the metro area. This fall I am working on developing the actual positions and job descriptions, brainstorming on recruitment strategies, and coordinating with our headquarters in Missouri on the human resources side of things.

So pray that I will be able to do a good job this fall of executing both our short- and long-term projects concurrently.

- On Sunday, Sept 27, I got to teach the jr. high/high school at my church. Praise God for this opportunity to connect with some of the students there! I will be teaching the jr. high two more times this fall.

Thanks so much for your support in prayer!

No comments: