Monday, January 12, 2009

Prayer & Praise (Jan 11-17)

- If you pray for the ministry of CEF in Denver on a regular basis, I have a great resource for you... here are all of the important dates for our 2009 Christian Youth In Action (CYIA) program. You can add these to your calendar or prayer list or whatever it is that you use to pray.

I appreciate and covet your prayers as we move forward with the program for 2009. As I said in the last update, you and your prayers are the lifeblood of this ministry! Please pray that 2009 would see students transformed in their faith through doing ministry and children transformed in their lives through coming to faith in Jesus.

- This Fri, Jan 16, Larea, Erica, Lauren, & I are teaching a kids’ club at Salvation Army Red Shield. (We will be continuing to teach this club on the third Friday of every month.) I am excited about this opportunity! This is a club I taught during my internship (before I went to Calvary Bible College), and the kids at Red Shield are just fantastic. It will be good to start the club back up again.

- Continue to pray that I could make good connections with families, individuals, and churches as I seek to raise the $3,910/month I need for doing ministry with CEF in Denver.

- Praise God for the young adult community at my church, which nourishes me with community and gives me opportunities to serve. I am regularly reminded that the local church, as God designed it, truly is the hope of the world!

No comments: