Friday, January 27, 2012

Remembering & Celebrating Barbara Widner

“Barbara Widner went to be with her Lord on Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 3:00pm. Barbara and I were team teachers in a Good News Club for 20 years. We met in the same room in the same building every Tuesday after school. Connie Porter remarked that last Tuesday Barbara went to the Big Bible Club. Barbara and I have taught for CEF for 45 years. And what a blessed trip we have had! Oh, what a godly woman who was in love with serving her Lord. Leading children to the Lord was her greatest passion. She was so loved by all who knew her and will be greatly missed. I miss her already.”—Betty Dalton

You may never have met Barbara, but a countless number of children did. Only eternity will tell all of the results of her incredible ministry. In the front of her Bible was a poem that I would like to share with you:

Some would gather money along the path of life,
Some would gather roses and rest from worldly strife.

But I would gather children from among the thorns of sin.
I would seek a golden curl, a freckled, toothless grin.

For money cannot enter in the land of endless day,
And roses that are gathered soon wilt along the way.

But, oh the laughing children as I cross the sunset sea,
And the gates swing wide to heaven as I take them in with me.

Barbara also saw the need to pray for the children. Will you follow her example? Will you commit to pray for the children of your community, your nation, and your world?

No comments: