Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Prayer & Praise (Jan 31 - Feb 6)



- Praise God for the recruiting trip to Kansas City last week! I was able to represent CEF of Colorado at Calvary Bible College’s “Missions Emphasis” conference. I had some wonderful conversations with students throughout the week and got to teach a seminar called “Teamwork in Missions.”

On the last day of the conference, the chapel speaker gave a whirlwind tour of many things that God is doing around the world. It was inspiring: it can be so easy to get caught up in what is going on in my little corner of the world that I forget to pay attention to what God is doing outside my sphere of influence. Our God is an awesome God indeed!

All-in-all, I also feel like I learned a lot about how to conduct this type of trip. There was a definite learning curve involved, but I now feel much more confident for conducting future staff recruiting trips. I am working to schedule several more in 2010 to college campuses both in Colorado and out-of-state (most likely in the fall, but possibly in the spring as well).

- Please pray for me this month as I focus on our two main priorities for Christian Youth In Action (CYIA) in February: recruiting students and raising funds! This is an exciting season of the year.

Thanks so much for praying!

No comments: